[rt-users] Upgrade 2.0.12: Where have all my tickets gone?

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Fri Mar 15 07:41:59 EST 2002

Dominik Westner wrote:
> I have upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12.
> I followed the instructions, did make upgrade, insertdata ....

testdeps?

> But when I restarted apache, I received the following error in the
> apache log:
>
> [Fri Mar 15 12:34:09 2002] [error] [Fri Mar 15 12:34:09 2002] null:
> Can't locate object method "CaseSensitive" via package "RT::Handle" at
> /opt/rt2/lib/RT/Record.pm line 128.
>
> Well it seems like the CaseSensitive method does not exist in RT::Handle

But it seems to me that RT::Handle ISA
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::$RT::DatabaseType

and for RT::DatabaseType being Oracle, Pg or mysql, that in turn ISA
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle

which indeed has such a method (it's overridden in the mysql code, too.)

> As the CaseSensitive statement is used only once, I made the following
> changes in Record.pm (line 128):
>
>     #if ($self->_Handle->CaseSensitive) {
>     if (1) {

That'll work for Pg but not mysql, by my reading.

My guess is that you either have a bogus DatabaseType in config.pm,
or, more likely, that your DBIx::SearchBuilder is out of date.