[rt-users] no outgoing mail.

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 09:33:53 EST 2002

Hi all,

I've just upgraded from 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 and though it was about time I
looked at getting the email side working.

I've got a bog standard RH7.2 system (with updates) running apache/RT2.  I've
got the exim RPM's installed which creates the symlink /usr/sbin/sendmail so
that it can emulate sendmail.

It's correctly configured and I can send emails from the machine from a ssh
session using the normal mail command.

I've updated the /opt/rt2/etc/config.pm as shown below for the email stuff,
but when I try to 'reply' to a ticket nothing happens.  I am right in
thinking 'comment' only records it inside RT but reply sends an email?

There is absolutely nothing in the exim log which seams to think that it's
not even being called.

__BEGIN__
# {{{ Outgoing mail configuration

# RT is designed such that any mail which already has a ticket-id associated
# with it will get to the right place automatically.

# $CorrespondAddress and $CommentAddress are the default addresses
# that will be listed in From: and Reply-To: headers of correspondence
# and comment mail tracked by RT, unless overridden by a queue-specific
# address.

$CorrespondAddress='rt at ringways.co.uk';

$CommentAddress='rt at ringways.co.uk';

#Sendmail Configuration

# $MailCommand defines which method RT will use to try to send mail
# We know that 'sendmail' works fairly well.
# If 'sendmail' doesn't work well for you, try 'sendmailpipe'
# But note that you have to configure $SendmailPath and add a -t
# to $SendmailArguments

$MailCommand = 'sendmailpipe';

# $SendmailArguments defines what flags to pass to $Sendmail
# assuming you picked 'sendmail' or 'sendmailpipe' as the $MailCommand above.
# If you picked 'sendmailpipe', you MUST add a -t flag to $SendmailArguments

# These options are good for most sendmail wrappers and workalikes
$SendmailArguments="-oi";

# These arguments are good for sendmail brand sendmail 8 and newer
#$SendmailArguments="-oi -ODeliveryMode=b -OErrorMode=m";

# If you selected 'sendmailpipe' above, you MUST specify the path
# to your sendmail binary in $SendmailPath.
# !! If you did not # select 'sendmailpipe' above, this has no effect!!
$SendmailPath = "/usr/sbin/sendmail";

# RT can optionally set a "Friendly" 'To:' header when sending messages to
# Ccs or AdminCcs (rather than having a blank 'To:' header.

# This feature DOES NOT WORK WITH SENDMAIL[tm] BRAND SENDMAIL
# If you are using sendmail, rather than postfix, qmail, exim or some other
MTA,
# you _must_ disable this option.

$UseFriendlyToLine = 0;
# have tried the above as 1 and 0