[rt-users] no outgoing mail.

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 09:49:15 EST 2002

Gary Stainburn wrote:

> I am right in thinking 'comment' only records it inside RT but reply
> sends an email?

Not really.  The idea is that reply is for mailing responses to the
Requestor (and CCing your staff as well), and that comment just mails
your staff for discussing stuff internally that you don't want the
Requestor to know about.

Whether it actually works like that depends on how you've set your
scrips up, but in general both should send mail.  (You could set up your
scrips so that comment never mails, if that's what you want.)

Note that if you add a comment or reply on the website, you won't mail
yourself.  Therefore if you are the only watcher on a ticket, 'Exim'
won't be called.  (I've found a webmail account to be handy for testing
this kind of stuff out, so you can mail yourself without 'RT' spotting
it!)

Smylers
--
GBdirect