[rt-users] Inbound email permissions problem

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 06:26:14 EST 2002

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone (smylers) for the help getting outbound emails to work.

However, below is what happened when I tried to respond to the message I got
from RT.

I'm assuming that it's something to do with exim running with the euid of
'mail' and not 'rtowner', but the permissions for rt-mailgate show

[root at larry root]# ll /opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate
-rwxr-sr-x    1 root     rt           9116 Mar 21 16:43
/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate[root at larry root]#

I've tried chmod u+s, and then changing the owner to rtowner, and apache but
it's not made any difference (apache is the user that apache runs under,
rtowner is the owner of the database).

Gary