[rt-users] Inbound email permissions problem

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 06:42:48 EST 2002

Gary Stainburn wrote:

> However, below is what happened when I tried to respond to the message
> I got from RT.
>
> I'm assuming that it's something to do with exim running with the euid
> of 'mail' and not 'rtowner', but the permissions for rt-mailgate show

When I first tried 'RT' we had some 'Exim' error that I can't remember
the exact details of.  However, I can remember what fixed it.  In the
'DIRECTORS CONFIGURATION' section there's this:

  # This director handles aliasing using a traditional /etc/aliases file.
  # If any of your aliases expand to pipes or files, you will need to set
  # up a user and a group for these deliveries to run under. You can do
  # this by uncommenting the "user" option below (changing the user name
  # as appropriate) and adding a "group" option if necessary.

  system_aliases:
    driver = aliasfile
    file_transport = address_file
    pipe_transport = address_pipe
    file = /etc/aliases
    search_type = lsearch
  # user = list

I tried adding this:

    user = nobody

It then started working, so I didn't bother investigating it any
further!

Smylers
--
GBdirect