[rt-users] Notification sent when a ticket is open

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 06:12:47 EST 2002

Odhiambo Washington wrote:

> 1. I have installed the contrib modules
>
> NotifyAsCommentWithAttachment.pm
> NotifyWithAttachment.pm
>
> However I am not sure as to what the next step is. Do I have to
> configure something else in order for this to work?

Those (presumably; I haven't tried using attachments yet) add scrip
actions to your system.  Do you have any scrips using them?

> 2.  When I change the status from "new" to "open" an e-mail is sent to
> the requestor that the status changed to open. This is not good
> because I consider that _internal_ , but how to I rectify this. I only
> want the ticket sent initially, then after resolve the final e-mail is
> sent.

There's a scrip condition OnStatus, which triggers when a ticket's
status changes.  There's also OnTransaction, which triggers when
_anything_ happens.  You've got a scrip with one of those conditions
which is notifying the requestor.  It sounds like you only want to
notify the requestor OnCorrespond, or possibly OnResolve as well.

Smylers
--
GBdirect
http://www.gbdirect.co.uk/