[rt-users] preferred db for rt ?

Darrin Walton darrinw at nixc.net
Thu Mar 28 16:58:33 EST 2002

  |+ Is postgres any better than rt?  Has anyone ported this over to Oracle or
  |+ Sybase?

The Oracle port is still in development stages.  The README warns that
you shouldn't use Oracle in a production enviornment.

  |+ Are they any tweaks I can make the the db or the rt config ?

There are various database tweaks you can do.  You should check the
mailing list archives for this.  Also, you may want to consider dumping
your database data, dropping the database, and loading the new
schema.  It has some new indexes, etc which also helps.

Search the mailing list archive.  It explains some tweaks you can make to
your my.cnf for better performance.

-darrin