[rt-users] preferred db for rt ?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 28 17:02:01 EST 2002

matthew zeier <mrz at intelenet.net> said:
>My NOC guys are complaining about performance with rt (mysql backend).  I
>migrated everything to faster hardware but I'm still getting "complaints" on
>searches and ticket content draws.

Are you sure mySQL is the bottleneck? I don't like the database, but I cannot
say it's slow.

I had similar issues - turned out that the FCGI process is single
threaded, so if you have an FCGI configuration a long attachment
download will block access to RT for others. Adding '-processes 5' to
the FastCgiServer configuration line solved that. Something along that
line may be your problem, maybe?

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>