AW: [rt-users] RT Performance Problems

Nik Engel nengel at netways.de
Thu Mar 21 02:48:46 EST 2002

> Also you might want to make sure you have mysql optimised for
> your system, while a ticket is being created try having a
> look at what mysql is actually doing by typing "show
> processlist" into the mysql command line, if you see any
> queries with the status of "writing to disk" that will most
> likely be the issue, mysql needs to be allocated more
> memory.. there are quite a few other little things you can
> tweak with mysql.

Actually i thought there ist a possibility, to give the mails directly to postfix, i heard something like sendmailpipe.... Won´t this help ?
I encounter performance problems only when creating tickets and sending as a result of this mails. All other jobs are working with very good performance.
I seems that mysql is realy wainting for postfix to send the mail. The machine is a dedicated one with 512MB Ram and a PIII 900 CPU. With an average of 10- 30 Tickets a day only. Seems not too much work for a linux system.