[rt-users] Change initial status to "Open"

Dane Rapaport dane at al.com.au
Wed May 1 02:05:33 EDT 2002

I appreciate these possibilities. However the original email seemed to
suggest that he wanted this behaviour for all queues.

Without him specifying otherwise, one would logically have to assume
this.

You are also right in saying that it won't stick around after an
upgrade. However, after the upgrade all that is required is a
":cw open ESC :wq"  only about 16 characters :)
You'd have to upgrade 20 times for the times to start evening out, I'd
wager.

Perhaps a good idea would be some sort of mechanism which logs changes
one makes to RT, and after an upgrade, can reinsert these modifications.

Im sure there are plenty of other changes which one makes to RT which
don't really hang around after an upgrade.

Anyway, like i said, I do appreciate the alternative methods, but for a
quick effective bastardisation, I still maintain my method is preferable
(at least for me ;p)

Cheers
Dane

--
Dane Rapaport
Systems Administrator and All Round Nice Guy