[rt-users] Autoreply issues

Michael Grubb mgrubb at fifthvision.net
Wed May 1 18:27:52 EDT 2002

Hello all,

I have a situation where I have several 3rd parties sending automated email
into our ticket system, but it is addressed as though it is comming from the
same address as the queue's correspond address.  The result being that the
ticket is created, but the autoreply causes a RT Bounce: message to be sent
to rt-admin.  I was under the impression that RT would not send mail to
itself.  I have the offending address listed in the IsRtAddress in the
config.pm file.  I always have the option of modifying the Autoresponse
scripaction to look for such a condition but, that seems like a kludge to me.
Is there a more elegant way of fixing this that I'm not seeing or must I
resort to the kludge?

Thanks to all,

-Michael