[rt-users] Autoreply Wars

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Thu May 2 18:29:16 EDT 2002

Michael Grubb wrote:
> Last night someone sent a message from an account that was being serviced by
> an autoresponder, (a notification of email-address change),  when rt sent the
> autoreply back to this address, the remote autoresponder sent another message
> (not a reply but a completely new message)  thus causing a never ending loop.
> Has anyone else encountered anything similar if so how did you solve it?
> If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/UpdateSquelch/
http://www.amsterdamned.org/~bc/rt/AutoReplySquelch.tgz

(Jesse, AutoReplySquelch still seems to be absent from contrib/2.0)

> Also on another note but unrelated.
> RT is setting the Return-Path: header to mydomain.com at mail.mydomain.com
> Is there a reason for this? (is it setting it to an address it thinks should
> be nonexistant?)

I'm guessing this is a local configuration issue, possibly either
the queue's email address (Configuration->Queues->queuename) or
CorrespondAddress (and/or CommentAddress) in your config.pm.