Avoiding Mailing Actors (was: Re: [rt-users] (no subject))

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri May 3 05:11:06 EDT 2002

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Phil Homewood wrote:

> Charlie Watts wrote:
> > I was thinking about adding a preference TO mail the person who modifies a
> > ticket - would anybody else find that useful, or has it already been done?
>
> As far as I know it hasn't been done, and I suspect it would be a
> popular move, judging by the fact that you're not the first to
> seem to want it. :-)

'Want to bet?' ;)

At http://www.amsterdamned.org/~bc/rt/BC_SendEmail.pm, you'll find my own
in-house version of SendEmail which does a few other interesting things.

The main thing that it gets used for is for semi-preserving the original
 From and To headers when remailing to the AdminCcs using the
NiceHeaders() function.  ( Yes, its yet another thing I need to clean up
and get put into contrib )

Regards,

                        Currently @ RIPE 42                             NCC
                     Amsterdam, Netherlands                      Operations