Avoiding Mailing Actors (was: Re: [rt-users] (no subject))

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Fri May 3 06:03:01 EDT 2002

Phil Homewood wrote:

> Charlie Watts wrote:
>
> > I was thinking about adding a preference TO mail the person who
> > modifies a ticket - would anybody else find that useful, or has it
> > already been done?
>
> As far as I know it hasn't been done, and I suspect it would be a
> popular move, judging by the fact that you're not the first to seem to
> want it. :-)

It's something I've been thinking about too; I've noted Bruce's mail,
but not looked at his code yet.

I do like that when I send a mail to an 'RT' address I don't end up
spamming myself a few minute's later (compared to say, mailing round
other internal 'group' addresses of which I'm a member); my mailer will
already have saved my copy in the appropriate folder.

But if, for whatever reason, I'm responding to a ticket through the web
interface, I _would_ like to be mailed a copy to store for future
reference with other mails I've sent.  (So that either way, I have
exactly one copy myself.)

This is mostly just thinking out loud here, cos I was planning to code
this at some point but it isn't my highest priority.  But if anybody
else is adding a 'yes/no' user preference for self-mailing, I'd
appreciate it if you did so in a way which made it possible later to
change this to 'yes/no/only from the web'!

Simon
--
GBdirect
http://www.gbdirect.co.uk/