[rt-users] RT and multiple perl/Mason applications

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon May 6 04:18:32 EDT 2002

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Dan Shearer wrote:

> We have another Mason app on the same server (a small in-house one, not
> another RT) and are getting connection dropouts.
>
> I've been going over some old posts including
> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-February/006966.html about
> multiple RTs on one system from Bruce Campbell. Bruce - or anyone else -
> in your fiddling with multiple Mason apps (and multiple RT instances, I'm
> impressed!) have you even seen "connection was unexpectedly terminated"
> type browser messages when there is no load whatever on any component of
> the system?

Nope.  The solution that I ended up doing was running them all as seperate
apache instances, and doing redirects to them.  I have more issues with
Squid than with Apache in that setup.

Its possible that some internal variable is being overwritten in an
'undefined fashion'.  Seperate out the applications, run proxypass on your
main apache, and you should be fine.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations