[rt-users] Keyword Search behavior for multi-value keywords

Beachey, Kendric Kendric.Beachey at garmin.com
Mon May 6 11:44:17 EDT 2002

I have some users that are using a keyword that can be set to multiple
values.  They are trying to do a search where the keyword is NOT set to some
particular value.

They're getting some hits that they "shouldn't" get, i.e., tickets that DO
have that value set in the keyword.  It seems the thing that's throwing a
wrench in the works is that there is also some other value set for the same
keyword.

Pedantically speaking, I guess "keyword != A" would be satisfied by a ticket
where the keyword is set to A+B.
(Because A+B != A alone.)

But in this case, these users don't care if B is set or not.  They just want
to see all the tickets that don't have A set in that keyword.  Is there a
tweak I can do somewhere to make this happen?

--
Kendric Beachey