[rt-users] Owner Correspondence Scrip

Derek D. Martin ddm at skillsoft.com
Thu May 9 14:37:01 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 06:42:15PM +0200, Sebastian Flothow wrote:
> At 11:38 Uhr -0400 9.5.2002, Derek D. Martin wrote:
> >Whenever anyone updates the ticket, all of the AdminCC's get the
> >update, except the person who made the update doesn't.
>
> < http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=5#73 >

    Are you taking into account that RT should never
    mail the person performing the action? RT tries to
    be smart about this.

Ok, but, I guess my point is I *want* to receive those e-mails.  So
who gets to decide what behavior is smart?  :-)

This is especially useful while trying to configure who gets notified
when, to verify that everything is working as expected.  As it stands
now, I have to keep tracking people down to ask if they are or are not
getting messages...  not very efficient.  It makes making adjustments
to notifications a very slow process.

Is there any way to configure RT to do this (preferably without
hacking the code)?  This strikes me as a good candidate for a
configuration setting, if one does not already exist...

While I'm on the topic, is there any plans to make anything
configurable, i.e.  controllable by user preferences (i.e. on a
user-by-user basis)?  It seems that currently the only thing that's in
preferences now is user's password and mail signature.  It would be
great to be able to specify a particular font, color scheme, feilds
that are shown in a search query (priority of a ticket is notably
absent from our queries), etc.

If the answer is no, I might be inclined to try to hack some of this
stuff together.  Unfortunately it wouldn't be for a while, as right
now I'm pretty well swamped with work to do.

Thanks for all your help thusfar!

--
Derek Martin
Lead Network Engineer