[rt-users] Owner Correspondence Scrip

Derek D. Martin ddm at skillsoft.com
Fri May 17 11:29:59 EDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 02:37:01PM -0400, Derek D. Martin wrote:
> On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 06:42:15PM +0200, Sebastian Flothow wrote:
> >
> > < http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=5#73 >
>
>     Are you taking into account that RT should never
>     mail the person performing the action? RT tries to
>     be smart about this.
>
> Ok, but, I guess my point is I *want* to receive those e-mails.  So
> who gets to decide what behavior is smart?  :-)
>
> This is especially useful while trying to configure who gets notified
> when, to verify that everything is working as expected.

Also, we don't let the users use the web interface.  Another reason
allowing senders to receive their own updates is useful is so the
requestor knows their updates got into the system.  If they don't
receive a copy of the update, and the tech assigned to the problem
drops the ball, they really have no way of knowing whether or not
their update even made it into the system.

Am I the only one that cares about this?

--
Derek Martin
Lead Network Engineer
ddm at skillsoft.com