[rt-users] RT Migration

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Fri May 10 06:45:51 EDT 2002

Mark Hodge wrote:

> I am migrating a RT environment onto a more powerful machine, and
> taking the opportunity to upgrade the OS and RT version.  Is there an
> may of moving the historical data, queues, users etc.  It is an mysql
> database on both servers.

I haven't tried this, but I'd probably go for:

  1 Install and configure version 2.0.13 on new server.

  2 Remove (or rename) the (almost-empty) database.

  3 Copy your existing database to the new server.  Do appropriate
    amounts of 'MySQL' flushing to get it recognized.

  4 Run rt/etc/insertdata to upgrade the database from your previous
    version to 2.0.13.

I can't see why that wouldn't work -- so far as insertdata is concerned,
you are doing an upgrade.

Simon
--
GBdirect