[rt-users] PostgreSQL & RT2...

Glenn Sieb ges at lumeta.com
Fri May 24 13:28:51 EDT 2002

Hi guys... I'm building a box with PostgreSQL and want to run RT on it.. (I
have succesfully made & upgraded RT on a MySQL platform, so I figured my
life didn't have enough drama, and I'd like to see how Postgres worked ;))

Anywho.. I've installed postgresql, I have a user called "postgres" both in
my /etc/passwd and in the pg_passwd table "passwords" which is in use in
the pg_hba.conf file.

I make a testdeps, and everything says "Yay--you have it all!"

So when I do a make install:

su-2.05a$ make install
mkdir -p //sw/rt/bin
mkdir -p //sw/rt/WebRT/data
mkdir -p //sw/rt/WebRT/sessiondata
mkdir -p //sw/rt/etc
mkdir -p //sw/rt/lib
mkdir -p //sw/rt/WebRT/html
mkdir -p //sw/rt/local/WebRT/html
/usr/bin/perl   tools/initdb 'Pg' '/usr' 'localhost' '' 'postgres' 'rt2' create
Now creating a database for RT.
Enter the Pg password for postgres:
Creating Pg database rt2.
DBI->connect(dbname=template1;host=localhost) failed: FATAL 1:  user
"postgres" does not exist at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/DataSource/Driver.pm line 74
FATAL 1:  user "postgres" does not exist at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/DBIx/DataSource/Driver.pm line 74,
<STDIN> line 1.
*** Error code 255

I've searched the web, and the archives, to no avail. Is anyone else here
running postgres who can give me a hint as to what I'm doing wrong here? :(

Thanks,
Glenn

---
Glenn E. Sieb           See us at NetSec! June 18-19
System Administrator    Hyatt Embarcadero, San Francisco
Lumeta Corporation      http://www.lumeta.com/Events/events.html
+1 732 357-3514 (V)
+1 732 564-0731 (Fax)