[rt-users] Newbie trouble: keywords don't work

Jim Meyer purp at wildbrain.com
Fri May 24 15:16:43 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 11:08, Alexander Dupuy wrote:
> Rich lafferty writes:
> > Because you're a newbie for a couple weeks, and an experienced user
> > for years. :-)
>
> On the other hand, the number of newbies who run into this problem >>>
> the number of experienced users who need '/' characters in their
> keywords.  On most systems, you can't have '/' characters in your
> filenames either, but I haven't heard people complain too much about that.

I'm with Rich on this: placing an artificial limitation on a system to
protect new users from the power of that system is just wrong. It'd be
like putting a 10MPH governor on a Ferrari because a new driver might
have an accident if they go faster.

Perhaps the more proper solution is to improve the documentation?

Cheers!

--j
Jim Meyer, Geek At Large                              purp at wildbrain.com