[rt-users] Re: [rt-devel] Outage info patches for RT

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Tue May 28 16:33:55 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 01:41:16PM -0500, Duane Waddle (dwaddle at charter.net) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm starting to look at patching outage tracking functionality onto RT
> 2.0.13.  I thought I'd ask if anyone else had done any work on this before
> I get knee deep in source.

Ankles, maybe.. :-)

> Basically, the idea I'm running from is to have a section in WebRT where
> one could select a 'system',

Keyword!

Keyw.. yeah, what HE said. :-)

> a start date+time,

"Started"!

> an end date+time,

"Due"!. Maybe you would relabel the field for convenience; that's the
ankles-deep part. :-)

> and a boolean flag for whether or not the outage was SLA impacting.

Keyword!

> Given this data, you could do a SQL query for each reporting period to be
> able to compute outage information.

I'd recommend an RT query -- that's what published APIs are for :-)

> As I begin on this -- has anyone started any effort on something
> similar?  If not, any advice/ideas on what else this should include?

It sounds like you're done. :-)

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!