[rt-users] AutoTake - where?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed May 29 11:52:55 EDT 2002

On Wed, 29 May 2002, David Chu wrote:

> I converted it from MIME format from the archives.  I have attached it in
> this email.  They work pretty well, although I have the following problems:

Aiieeee, the version from the archives mentions 'AutoAssign', not
'AutoTake' - be sure to change everything first.  ( my error when
initially posting).

Some of my RT stuff is available from http://www.amsterdamned.org/~bc/rt/
if your mailer cannot grok the archives.

To quickly answer your questions (I'm about to be absent for a few weeks,
so apologies for being rushed):

> 1. I have setup: OnCreate AutoTake with template Blank.  It works great with
> tickets created through the web interace.  However, this event does not seem
> to work on events created from emailed tickets

Your Privileged Users have no email address associated with them; RT will
have autocreated additional users for them based on email address.

> 2. What is the smart way to debug, esp when working with scrips?  I thought
> of writing debug text to the description field of a ticket but this sure
> seems roundabout.  Any suggetsions welcome.

Grep for RT::Logger throughout the RT code, and find the logging mentions
in config.pm

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations