[rt-users] RT sends out CCs - Pls help!

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Wed May 29 14:21:15 EDT 2002

> This is an emergency on my part!
>
> I've observed that when someone sends mail which has other addresses in
> the CC field, rt sends out a response, retaining the Cc headers in place.

Well, I'd guess that you have $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs set in your
config file, and your scrips are set to mail the watchers. The comment
from the config file:

  # If $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs is true, RT will attempt to divine
  # Ticket 'Cc' watchers from the To and Cc lines of incoming messages
  # Be forewarned that if you have _any_ addresses which forward mail to
  # RT automatically and you enable this option without modifying
  # "IsRTAddress" below, you will get yourself into a heap of trouble.
  # And well, this is free software, so there isn't a warrantee, but
  # I disclaim all ability to help you if you do enable this without
  # modifying IsRTAddress below.

seph