[rt-users] Numeric Login Names

Teo de Hesselle tdehesse at uts.edu.au
Wed May 29 22:12:40 EDT 2002

Hello All.

We use enterprise wide LDAP authentication here. Recently, management has
said that all new staff are to use their staff number (e.g. 992348) as
their login names for all systems.

Unfortunately, this doesnt work for unix systems, so various kludges have
been devloped.

It seems that RT also doesn't like numeric usernames either.

Currently we're running a slightly hacked 2.0.8 (I added LDAP authentication
using a whole lot of our own perl infrastructure, and changed the UI
to work better with our workflow).

Has this been fixed in a more recent version? Has anyone got any great
ideas? I now have three users that can't use LDAP authentication (and I've
disabled the internal RT authentication)...

Please help.

  Regards,

  Teo.

--
Teo de Hesselle,                           "Do you think there's a God?"

Unix Systems Administrator,                "Well, SOMEbody's out to get me!"
University of Technology, Sydney.                      -- Calvin and Hobbs