[rt-users] Adding Custom Fields?

Paul Wagland pwagland at allshare.nl
Wed Nov 6 04:42:42 EST 2002

> The pc techs where I work would like to have a field in RT for computer
> serial numbers.  This way they can keep track of work done on
>{...}
> The ideal solution would be for RT to have the ability to add
> fields on the
> fly that would automatically show up everywhere (search, create ticket,
> ticket details, etc.).  It would be very similar to keywords, but
> it would
> be a text field, not a select box.

The RT 2.1.x (future RT3) has this solution implemented. However, there a
couple of problems with them at the moment:
a) As of 4.1.41 it still had the same options as normal fields. i.e. there
are no "like" or "contains" options.
b) All custom fields are now per-queue, there are no longer "global"
keywords, this is not so much a hassle, as keyword setup only needs to be
done rarely.

Of course, the other problem with the 2.1.x series is that it is still the
development branch... Mind you, that didn't stop us :-)

> All ideas welcome!

Not so much an idea, but you are welcome :-)

mvg,
Paul