[rt-users] Autoreply by nobody [Solution]

Brian McClendon bam at intrinsic.com
Thu Nov 7 03:58:52 EST 2002

This thread helped be finally solve the spam-filtering problem
a customer reported because the original From line was different
from the RT inserted one.

Two comments:

On  0, Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at one2team.com> wrote:

> if ($RT::MailCommand eq 'sendmailpipe')
> {                                                                                         open (MAIL, "|$RT::SendmailPath -f $RT::OwnerEmail $RT::SendmailArguments") || return(0);                                     print MAIL $MIMEObj->as_string;                                                                                               close(MAIL);                                                                                                              }                                                                                                                             else {                                                                                                                            unless ($MIMEObj->send($RT::MailCommand, $RT::MailParams, "-f $RT::OwnerEmail")) {                                                $RT::Logger->crit("$self: Could not send mail for ".                                                                                            $self->TransactionObj . "\n");                                                                              return(0);                                                                                                                }                                                                                                                         }

Instead of $RT::OwnerEmail, I had to do $RT::CorrespondAddress
because OwnerEmail was a human (me) as recommended by config.pm comments.

After changing that in both .pm files and making sure that both
"mail" and "nobody" (or whatever httpd was running as) were in my
/etc/mail/trusted-users file, everything worked fine.