[rt-users] RT for non-professional users

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Thu Nov 7 08:45:28 EST 2002

* Ayal Itzkovitz <ayali at ayali.com> [20021107 02:20]: wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to RT. Looking at the mailing list archive I wonder if RT can be
> used by non professional users who simply want to install and use this
> tool as is.
>
> Going over the rt-users mailing list, it sometimes feels like we need a
> unix specialits to maintain this tool.
>
> I would like to know if, as an average usix user, I can use this tool
> daily (RT looks as if it fits to our requrements at full).
>
> Any comment will be welcome,

If by "non-professional" you mean someone without (or with minimal) Unix
knowledge, then I must be honest and say it will be difficult for you to
use it. Installation will require some knowledge of a few applications.
Once installed, you'll use it but soon enough you'll realize that there
is some "feature" you wish it could provide...
That calls for administering it. See.. you are advancing to another level?

Actually, you don't need to know so much to use RT is you are not familiar
with Unix Systems. RT is such a cool product and one, Jesse Vincent[1]
will be more than willing to do _everything_ for you if you can sign a
contract with him to give you the functionality of RT. I am sure you can
avail your box and he will set it up also.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |