[rt-users] [Installation] RH7.3 tried mod_perl, tried FastCGI - no love.

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 8 17:55:15 EST 2002

From: Gavin BS Cowie

> It seems that apache and mod_perl don't get along as is. Since whenever
> I have :
> PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
>
> in my list of apache directives, apache won't start, and instead "dies"
> taking the "subsys" with it, leading to the horrid :
> httpd dead but *subsys* *locked*

What does /var/log/httpd/error_log say is missing?  I have
it working (not well tested, but working...) with RH 7.3 and
the stock apache with mod_perl as a DSO.  You have to use the
RH init script that starts it with -DHAVE_PERL (among other
modules) on the command line.

I made a DNS CNAME for rt so I could use a named
vhost and not tie the URL's to any physical machine
or path:

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin les+rt at futuresource.com
    DocumentRoot /opt/rt2/WebRT/html
    ServerName rt.futuresource.com
    ServerAlias rt www.rt.futuresource.com
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
<Location />
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

Hmmm, I think I had to use CPAN to install Apache::DBI
in addition to all the stuff the fixdeps script got.

----
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com