[rt-users] RE: RT2 Database Restore Fails

Gororo, Hillary HGororo at chartercom.com
Sat Nov 9 13:29:44 EST 2002

Hi Guys,

On trying to do a full restore my RT2 database I get the following error:

ERROR 2006 at line 86: MySQL server has gone away
The mysqld shows that it did not crash and my wait timeout is set to 28800.
My RT2 application is located on a UNIX box and is on the same machine as
the mysql db I then tried restoring the database one table at a time.  I was
successful in restoring all the tables except the Attachments table which is
approx 800M in size.  My db is approx 1.1G in size.
Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this error and how to fix it?

Thank you
Hillary

 "The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."