[rt-users] /usr/lib/rt stuff

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Nov 18 12:39:57 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Reini Urban wrote:

> Phil Homewood schrieb:
> > As Smylers might have suspected, you've managed to install RT 1.x.
> > Make it go away and install Jesse's package. You'll be much happier.
>
> Phil,
> Only if you have a tiny number of tickets.
> With more tickets (> 100000) the 1.x version has acceptable performance,
> rt2 not.

How so?

(as in, various changes have been made to make rt2 faster, and some have
 made it into the official release, so I don't think the old adage about
 rt2 being much slower is still completely true)

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security