[rt-users] MySql 'not allowed to connect to host...'

Fred.Purdue Fred.Purdue at Pobox.com
Mon Nov 18 14:26:58 EST 2002

Hi,

I recently posted a question to the group about reporting out of RT. The
answer I got was that it would probably be best to pull my reports
directly out of the SQL tables and go around the interface.  Alright,
sounds like a plan.

Unfortunately I seem to have encountered another problem;

shell> mysql -h helpdesk.corp.newoppinc.org -u root
ERROR 1130: Host 'helpdesk.corp.newoppinc.org' is not allowed to connect
to this MySQL server

But wait, you say!  That's easy to fix, you need to allow the other host
to connect to the database!  -- Ah, but alas, I have done that.  Allowed
hosts is set to % and allowed db's is also set to %.

MySQL Documentation suggests that perhaps I am using a binary based
mysql distribution that was build with a different glibc that the one I
am currently using.  It also suggests that I either upgrade my glibc or
recompile MySQL.  Since this is a production server naturally I'm
hesistent to screw around with it.

Ideas/Suggestions/Pain Killers?

Fred
--