[rt-users] RE: /usr/lib/rt stuff (Owen B. Mehegan)

Ron Alexander Ralexander at musiciansfriend.com
Tue Nov 19 13:25:51 EST 2002

>Message: 7
>From: "Owen B. Mehegan" <omehegan at perseus.com>
>To: <rt-users at lists.fsck.com>
>Subject: RE: [rt-users] /usr/lib/rt stuff
>Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:01:51 -0500
>
>Those were the instructions I tried to follow previously, specifically the
>ones that refer to installing on Debian, but I seemed to get nowhere on that
>front. I think I'm pretty close to getting RT working by using the Debian
>package, if I can just resolve this error with "insertdata:"
>
>DBI->connect(dbname=rt;host=localhost) failed: FATAL 1:  IDENT
>authentication failed for user "www-data" at
>/usr/share/perl5/DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle.pm line 117
>Connect Failed FATAL 1:  IDENT authentication failed for user "www-data"
> at tools/insertdata line 27

Owen,  what setup are you now using? Are you still on mysql or are you
pgsql? What version(If I missed this in an earlier mail, sorry)? Does
your user have privileges? Are you sure? If you are still on mysql can I
recommend www.mysql.com/doc/EN? If pg try http://techdocs.postgresql.org.

Ron Alexander
ralexander at musiciansfriend.com