[rt-users] RT staying with orginal thread

Tony Aiuto tony at ics.com
Wed Nov 20 17:50:31 EST 2002

Mike Patterson <map at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> ... snip ...
>If someone knows how to keep RT functional, yet have the autoreply and
>future correspondence stay in the same thread (of their local mail
>client). I would appreciate it.
> ... snip ...

It is an interesting problem.   What I think might be the
right path is to capture the message-id from the initial
email and save it with the ticket.  This might require adding
a column to the table and making trivial changes to a bunch
of perl modules.  It's not a terrible thing, but certainly
scary for some.  Each outgoing email would set the
In-Reply-To header based on this.

Does anyone know if that would suffice for most mailers?
I still use /bin/mail, so I'm not a good judge of character.