[rt-users] LDAP + Kerberos + RT

Graham Freeman graham at farwestern.com
Fri Nov 22 19:42:24 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, justin m. clayton wrote:

> Thanks for those posts. They were semi-helpful, but I'm still confused.
>
> Is this non-trivial? It seems that managability of RT accounts is one of
> these things that everyone would just want.
>
> WebExternalAuth doesn't seem to fix the user management problem, but if I
> were just using kerberos + RT accounts and not LDAP, that would be better
> than now, I suppose.
>
> I also saw the fix to strip everything right of the @ in the requestor's
> email, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea.
>
> Comments?
>
> Justin Clayton

I agree with Justin, but unfortunately I'm not in a position to offer any
resources (time or money) to address this issue.  For now, I'm just
offering e-mail access to the RT system for most of my users, while only 2
of us actually access the web interface with usernames & passwords.

--
Graham Freeman
Manager of Information Technology
graham at farwestern.com