[rt-users] updating RedHat 7.2 install Notes

Mike Patterson map at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 2 17:35:35 EDT 2002

I (Mike Patterson) was unsuccessful trying to install rt 3 separate
times (with a clean install inbetween) on Solaris8.
On my second try on RedHat 7.2 I finally got it to work!  I added my
comments to this very useful document noted with: <<mike comment>>.
I also got it to work on FreeBSD, but lost track of my documentation as
I tried a lot of different things to debug.

 > could you send them to rt-doc-workers at lists.fsck.com?
 > Thanks,
 >	jesse

snip

 >You should send your installation steps to the mailing list as well as
getting
 >them into the RTFM. That way, they're available to people who searched the
 >manual or the mailing list. At least, that's my vote.
 >Rich Brown
 >Hanover, NH

snip

You may need to twiddle the <s and >s around