[rt-users] updating RedHat 7.2 install Notes

Banze, Andreas Andreas.Banze at Geodata.de
Thu Oct 10 09:28:21 EDT 2002

> On my second try on RedHat 7.2 I finally got it to work!  I added my
> comments to this very useful document noted with: <<mike comment>>.

just out of curiosity:

I installed rt numerous times on redhat machines (7.2 and 7.3) and except
for the perl 5.8 problem with rt3 I never needed to recompile apache or
mod_perl (and even then adapting the spec-Files and using rpm -bb did the
trick). Is there any specific reason why people insist that this is
necessary or is this a long standing information resulting from problems
with older redhats?

I'm really interested in this question because the stock installation of
redhat works flawless with rt2.

MfG
Andreas