[rt-users] rt customizations

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Thu Oct 3 05:01:18 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Mike Patterson wrote:

> 1) When I connect to our (apache_mod_ssl) server using
> https://servername/rt2 under Mozilla (1.1) there is no problem.  When I
> visit using IE (5.5 or 6.0) It prompts me every time I move to another
> rt page: "This page contains secure and insecure items.  Do you want to
> display non-secure items?"  If I say "Yes", it proceeds to the next
> page, if I say "No" it proceeds to the next page without displaying the
> checkmark icon (rt.jpg).  But the prompt is annoying and if possible I'd
> like to fix that server side (e.g. make the icon "secure"??).

In etc/config.pm, make sure that the variables that build up to $LogoURL
do contain 'https:' in them, ie:

	$WebBaseURL = "https://rt.example.com";

> 2) I'd like the ability to "assign" a ticket to members or our helpdesk
> staff, rather than rely only on self "taking" or "stealing" tickets.
> Any ideas how to set this up?

Do you mean automatically, or as tickets come in?  Some examples can be
found in http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/ .

> 4) I first installed rt on RedHat 7.2 following Gary Leong's helpful
> instructions (http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=2#180).  I documented
> my steps well and filled in the missing instructions to those docs, it
> seems a bit lengthy for a mailing list, should I submit here or somwhere
> else?

Send this to rt-doc-workers at fsck.com .

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security