[rt-users] Accessing other DB's from within RT using Mysql

Ross Williamson ross.williamson at quios.net
Fri Oct 4 05:33:45 EDT 2002

Hi guys,

I am hoping you can help on a problem not directly related to RT but
associated.
We have been using RT for a long time with Mysql on Redhat. It has gone
really well.
Now we are integrating our other mysql db's into rt.  Providing people with
access to our other company report via RT (ie using the rt authentication
mechanism, and trying to force the rest of the company to at least log into
RT)

Now the problem I am having is that the RT database is called rt2 and we
have some stats in a database called statistics.

Now it seems like I can't create an object using DBIx::SearchBuilder::XXXX
that accesses statistics.tableA

Is there a trick to using DBIx/RT with other databases?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Ross Williamson