[rt-users] SelfService and Apache Authentication

Eric Horne eric.horne at std.teradyne.com
Mon Oct 7 17:59:21 EDT 2002

I just started using RT in a pilot mode for mangaging tasks in my
group.. I'm also using it as a document review mechanism for a
documentation project we're doing. Nice..

I enabled user authentication via the REMOTE_USER variable and it seems
to work great for both priv and non-priv users.

Except... that when I submit a request from another site (same company,
different mail domain), the name of the user sending in the request is
recorded in the Users table as the mail address. Unfortunately, I can't
authenticate the user by e-mail address (there are too many possiblities
per user), so now the user can't login.

Am I doing something wrong? Shouldn't RT strip off everything after the
@? I tried manually updating the Users database so that the @ and all
text after it was stripped from the Name field, and that seems to have
done the trick.

Are there any problems with stripping the @.* from the Name field as far
as WebRT is concerned? Any idea where in the Code I should look to
permanantly strip the @.* from the Name field only?

Thanks for your help!

-Eric