[rt-users] [bug report] sorting on owner not working as expected

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Tue Oct 8 22:43:36 EDT 2002

> > > Behaivor Expected:   sorting tickets by Owner should present a alphabetically
> > >                      ordered list.
> >
> > Known issue. Basically, doing anything different from what we do how
> > would require fairly extensive retooling (RT's search system wasn't
> > built to sort on attributes in other tables.)  I'll gladly take a clean
> > patch from someone who wants to work on this.
>

> I'd like to take a stab at it, but I don't have much time right now.  Could
> this be something to include into RT 2.2, or is 2.1 far enough along that
> you wouldn't want to make this big of a change?

It depends on the exact nature of the patch, but it's something I'd
definitely consider, especially if the patch doesn't seriously
impact stability or performance of the system. [1]

	Best
	Jesse

[1] Well,as ling as it doesn't negatively impact the stability or
performance ;)

--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.