[rt-users] Ticket subject

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Wed Oct 9 22:32:24 EDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 06:56:37AM +1000, Gonzalo Servat <gonzalo at linuxaus.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> My apologies if this has been asked before but I only just joined the list
> and didn't find anything in the archives.
>
> Is there any way to change the subject of tickets so that instead of
> showing "[domain.com #1] AutoReply ..." it shows "[queue-name #1]"
> (eg. [Support #1] or [Sales #1]) ??

That's not how RT is designed to work, and I strongly discourage
changing it.  The rtname in the ticket identifier is there so that
your RT instance doesn't confuse other RT instances; while you may
get mail from another RT that says [Support #1], you'll never get
mail from them that says [linuxaus.com #1].

That said, you don't *need* to use your domain in there -- it just
has to be (reasonably) unique to your site.  It would take some work
to have more than one per site, though.

Cheers,

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!