[rt-users] Missing Status for Tickets that cannot be resolved

Alexander Dupuy dupuy at sysd.com
Thu Oct 10 13:02:09 EDT 2002

Ruben Schattevoy writes:
> I understand that your solution works perfectly. Nevertheless I
> have problems in assigning the attribute "resolved" to a ticket
> which is actually "dead" because it's somebody else's problem
> and still _not_ resolved. I would prefer a solution with one
> more status, say, "garbage". Then I could assign status "garbage"
> to tickets which where entered accidentally and assign "dead"
> to thouse which can't be fixed by us. Having an extra keyword
> indicating the reason for this ticket ending in status "dead"
> whould be nice, either!

These kinds of problems are one of the best reasons for
internationalizing software, even if it is never localized into any
language other than English.

It seems to me that replacing the string "resolved" in the Web and
e-mail interfaces with "closed" would eliminate most of your objection;
the only quibble would be that you would have to look at the keywords to
determine if a closed ticket was closed because the problem was
resolved, or because it couldn't be fixed by you.

If RT were internationalized, you could probably do this yourself.
Heck, you could localize it into German, and then you would see
"beendet" or something like that.

@alex
mailto:dupuy at sysd.com