[rt-users] Making RT invisible - changing subject lines

Mike Patterson map at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 31 14:56:03 EST 2002

Thanks for the ideas.

At this point, as I'm easing our group into the system I willing to live
with a users reply to a techs comments create a new queue (yes I thought
about that).  Even with that limitation RT has a lot of great features
(e.g. central repository of information) that are worthwhile to start
using now.  Once people start to see the beauty of RT and use it
regularly (and I resolve another database numbering scheme), they'll be
ready use the full set of features.

But I'm unclear on how replies sent from the web interface get inserted
into the database.  Does it simply do an insert or does it actually
email itself and make rt-mailgate insert it?  As far as tech replies
sent from the web interface, I definately want them connected to the
original ticket.  If it mails itself for an insert I can see that I need
the ticket number included in the email (at least for the
self-referential copy of the email).

My MTA is a fairly recent build of sendmail on FreeBSD and anyone can
suggest tricks to get it to  insert itself (without modifying the
subject line to the user) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Message: 11