[rt-users] converting rt 1.0 mysql database SLOW

Scott pdxguy31 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 3 20:45:36 EDT 2002

Hello,

 We have been running rt 1.0 for a very long time.  We
have finally decided to make the switch to 2.0.  The
problem is, we have approx 65,000 records.  When we
run the import-1.0-to-2.0 script, everything seems
fine for awhile.. until about 12,00 records or so.  It
starts getting really slow.. then really really slow..
at about 22,000 or so, its at a snails pace.. 5 days
later we were at 31,000.  This is the ONLY thing
running on a p4 1.4 scsi FreeBSD system with 512 meg
ram.  I even tried this on a production server with
768 meg ram (Solaris platform) and had the same
problem.  I don't think I can wait weeks for this to
convert our database.  Is there any solution?  I have
searched the archives for this list and I have not
seen any answers.

We are using mySQL in case you missed that in the
subject line.

Thank you!
Scott