[rt-users] More on RT 2.0.14 WebRT woes

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at genarts.com
Tue Sep 10 09:40:25 EDT 2002

Sven Sternberger wrote:
> after updating I had the same effect, my failure was to remove
> the line in httpd.conf
>>>PerlFreshRestart On<<

Thanks, Sven.

Unfortunately I've now tried it with and without this line, with no
difference.  After tracing the internals a bit I've discovered that
$user and $pass are not getting passed through from the form to
webmux.pl, so it doesn't even try to authenticate.  It seems in fact
that *no* form posting data is getting through to any Mason component.
I'm using the latest Mason, 1.13.

I guess the next thing is to turn on Mason debugging; anyone know how to
do that?

Just for the benefit of other newbies on the list, I've discovered that
HTML gets handled in the following order:

Request for HTML page from browser comes in to apache
httpd.conf says to use RT::Mason to handle it
RT::Mason is defined in webmux.pl
RT::Mason creates handler via RT::Interface::Web::NewMasonApacheHandler
which calls HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler to do the work.
... then some stuff I don't understand yet...
then Mason passes the HTML request to $RT/WebRT/html/autohandler.  It
does whatever it does, then eventually calls $m->call_next, which
normally (I think) calls RT::Mason::handler, in webmux.pl.

But in my case autohandler, which handles authentication, is not getting
$user and $pass (or any other form data).  And I guess those are set in
the part that I don't understand yet.

Any hints?