[rt-users] grab whole correspondence/comments on ticket into one mbox-formatted file

Robie Basak robie at principle.co.uk
Fri Sep 13 06:08:37 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 00:08, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:

[...]

> One feature that I would like is the ability to quickly grab the entire
> correspondence and comments on a given ticket into one, single mbox file
> that I could then use with an MUA to browse.
>
> It seems that scripting such a thing should be quite easy, but before I
> hacked it up, I wanted to check to see if such a script already existed
> before I go off writing it.

We AdminCC our support queue to a mailbox for safety reasons (then if RT
goes down for whatever reason we have a record we can quickly get to).

If you did this, and altered the Comment AdminCC template to not put
[Comment] in the subject line, then you could see the entire ticket as a
single thread in mutt (or your favourite MUA). Then it'd be trivial to
tag that and pull it into another mailbox (or you could just read the
mailbox in there).

I'm not aware of a script to do it, but that might be quicker.

HTH!

Robie Basak,
Northern Principle Limited