[rt-users] Email attachment forwarding problem

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Wed Sep 18 14:37:42 EDT 2002

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 10:40:39AM -0400, Vivek Khera <khera at kcilink.com> wrote:

> MH> It would appear that replying to a request via email with an
> MH> attachment results in the attachment being stored in RT but not
> MH> being sent to the requestor.
>
> IMHO, this is the biggest POLA violation in RT.  There is a scrip in
> the contrib area that does the right thing.  I personally think that
> should be the default...

Augh, no! Our support and bugs queues regularly get mailed 15-20MB
logfiles, and there's no way I want a dozen copies of those sitting in
my mail queue when they get mailed to the watchers.

What *would* be nice is a way to say "Send this particular attachment
along" -- maybe only when it comes from the Owner of a ticket.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!