[rt-users] what to grant to Everyone

Rich Lafferty rich+rt at lafferty.ca
Thu Sep 19 10:27:05 EDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 11:48:34AM +0200, Kirill Miazine <lists at krot.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We're about to roll out RT to handle support issues now. Are following
> ACLs enough to allow everyone to post questions and answer replies that
> they get back from support staff?
>
> Everyone:
>     CreateTicket
>
> Requestor:
>     ReplyToTicket

I usually grant CreateTicket, ReplyToTicket, and CommentOnTicket to
Everyone. That way, if anyone involved sends from an email address
other than the one RT is expecting, things still work. Users get
confused by the "Permission Denied" message they receive if they send
from an email address other than the one with which they opened the
ticket.

Cheers,

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!