[rt-users] File::Spec ??

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Sat Sep 21 03:03:06 EDT 2002

* Greg White <gregw-rt-users at greg.cex.ca> [20020921 06:20]: wrote:
> On Fri Sep 09/20/02, 2002 at 07:17:54PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > Hello users,
> >
> > After living with this problem for months, I've now decided to ask the gurus
> > for a solution.
> >
> > There are times I've had to reinstall File::Spec because apache complains
> > about the version. The problem is that once in a while this problem rears
> > its ugly face again:
> [massive correct info elided]
>
> Let me guess (and I don't think it's a guess, I'm sure I've seen you on
> the FreeBSD lists) -- you're tracking -STABLE in FreeBSD. ;)
>
> Every time you buildworld/installworld, you must reinstall File::Spec --
> either FreeBSD has added it, or it's always been part of a standard Perl
> 5.005_03 install -- been ages since I used that version of Perl in
> anything but FreeBSD.
>
> I simply make it a part of my set procedure for buildworld/installworld.
> Anytime after the install, but before the reboot, will prevent any
> downtime for Apache & RT except for the reboot. I find right after
> mergemaster works best, it's user-interactive as well.

Hello Greg,

You are 100% correct in your observations. I'd also thought that it's
something to do with FreeBSD updates but wanted to be sure about it.
As a matter of fact I've always had to do this whenever I do buildworld.

OT: Do you know why the perl in FreeBSD is not being properly updated -
the decision behind staying put at ver 5.0.x???

Thanks to all who responded to give me the solution.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |